Time seems to be moving a little too quickly these days. I can't believe that it is nearly October already.
In many ways this is a good thing. It means I am busy. It means I am happy. But on the other hand it also means that those millions of things I want to do have not been being done. I can't help occasionally dwelling on all I am not doing. My house that is not finished being decorated. The paintings I know I want to create and have not. The two jewelery boxes I want to make. The guitar lessons I want to get back into. The belly dancing I want to start. The yoga I want to join. The kickboxing class. And of course my all time favorite stripper school. Writing. The list goes on and on. But there are only so many hours in a day and they are taken up with work.
Last weekend we did the renaissance faire with the family. As always that was fun. It was pirate weekend so I of course in the spirit of the moment dressed as a pirate. And although I was spectacularly adorable my feet did not thank me at the end of the day.
I believe the highlight of our day was the taunting guy that you throw tomatoes at. We had sat down to enjoy some funnel cake per my sister's request. And as we ate the guy taunted and taunted. But my goodness I could not believe some of the things he said. Guess it isn't as much the family venue as I thought. At one point the guy taunts a passing parent and child. "Your kid is the poster child for should have swallowed." But as we were sitting there we were his favorite target. By the time we packed up to leave he actually offered us a free throw for both of my sisters and my bf as well. My sisters were such poor throwers that the guy came right up and actually stood on the counter. He could not have possibly gotten closer. And my sister was scared to throw it at him. "I don't want to hit you." Finally he did taunt her enough to get her to cave perhaps it was calling her a chicken legged wench or saying that he had seen prettier faces on a boil that finally did it. But even then she threw it as light as she possibly could. His next taunt? "Do I need to take you out back and teach you how to really nail something?"
We ended the day with a bbq in the rv. Tritip and boy was it ever delicious.
Meanwhile I am attempting not to exhaust myself at work but it is tough going as much is expected of me. Boy do I need a vacation. But, I simply can't afford it. Which is a major bummer. But, I continue to work hard and hope that good things will come of it.... Eventually. Hopefuly before I am too old to enjoy it. :p
No comments:
Post a Comment