Today I solved a problem at work that I have been working on for over a week. Granted with the amount of tasks I have I have been working on it in bits and spurts but just the same I have spent hours of work on this issue.
I was darn near ready to give up entirely and today finally I found the fix. Which is good because this was not a one time issue. It is something we will need to do on a regular basis and now I know how.
The issue had to do with a video linked to a flash ad. Everything functioned perfectly when loaded directly to a server but when served through our ad delivery service there was disconnect. Primarily the reason for this is because we host our own ads and wrap them in html and javascript in order to deliver and track. This was tricking the ad into thinking that the skin was in a different location on the server even though it was not. I finally discovered a fix utilizing iframe. And not a moment too soon. :)
Now onto some Youtube video research to figure out how to make a working clickable button in our videos...
No comments:
Post a Comment