My first blog I loved. I loved it and loved it and wrote and it was wonderful. A beautiful thing.
And then I heard whispers of MySpace and then Facebook. And my blog was abandoned. For the popular. For what everyone else was doing. It was obsessive and lame and drama producing and ultimately turned into something that sucked up my time and gave ammunition to evil pedophiles who would use social networking to attack my family. Evil sick twisted people.
And so I went private. Completely. I left access to my grandma, to my dad, to my uncle because horrible child that I am I neglect them and it is the only window into my life for them. So I left it. But all else was cut off. It was liberating. Until the drama. Misunderstandings and old issues resurfaced. Mistrust. Ugh.
And I thought - Is this what we are reduced to? We remain in contact through periodic sound bites. And we declare our lack of friendship through removing said sound bites? Is that truly the world we live in? And yes. It is.And it is sick. And I am done with it.
What I do not like I do not participate in. So no thank you. Friendship should be friendship through conversing. Whether through IM or email or phone or skype or what not. I do not want to participate in soundbites any longer. I will blog. I will photos. But I have had enough of the myspace and facebooks of the world. No more.
And this will stay private. No names. No identity. No allowing the pedos and stalkers of the world a foothold into my life. If I can't attack back then at least I can keep them from attacking me and mine.
And hello. Hello new bloggverse of mine. I hope we will be happy and lovely as once I was before in a prior bloggy-existence.
No comments:
Post a Comment