Thursday, October 7, 2010

Why do these strays keep chasing me down?

It is not even a month after my kitten adopted me. And another stray has chased me down. Only this time it is a stray chihuahua. We were looking at a Craigs List item at a guy's house and this little guy comes running up to me in the guy's garage. His rib cage is showing. and he has a huge scrape on his back. Clearly he has been on his own for awhile. He stops by me and then runs off again. A little concerned I stare off in his direction and tell myself, "If I am meant to help this little guy he will find me again before we leave."

After finishing our business we walk around the block back to my car and the little dog comes popping out of a bush and runs up to me again. S tries to approach him and the little thing is clearly skittish and scampers off but immediately runs up to me again and hops into my lap.

This time instead of taking him home I called a friend who lived in the area and also has two little dogs to see if he could watch the pup while we look for a potential owner or a new home for him. A few days later and it seems that this little guy truly was abandoned. Since neither S nor I nor my friend want a new dog we are in full home hunting mode trying to find him the best home we can get.

"Taco" with his temporary foster mom. Thank god I have friends who have a dog proof home! :)

1 comment:

Charlie said...

You seem to be a magnet for these little guys.. :)

Post a Comment